Thursday, December 16, 2010

Evie Grace Harrison

This is a fair warning. Don't proceed if you don't want to be heartbroken.



I have really debated posting about this, but I think it is the right thing to do. Some of our college friends, Jonathan (one of Hughes' fraternity brothers) and Alicia Harrison, have twin girls who are 5 days older than Lily ( 20 months old). Last Thursday, their precious, cherished daughter, Evie, passed away unexpectedly during the night.

I have literally not stopped thinking about it since I heard, and my hands are shaking even now while typing this. Like I said, I was hesitant to post about it, but after reading comments Alicia has put on her blog, on Facebook, and in emails, I think that I should, because they are finding some comfort in family, friends, and strangers. By telling you about it, you will think about them and send them your love and prayers. People can feel that, you know, so even if you don't know them, they will be able to feel that strangers are sending them thoughts and prayers and love. Also, Alicia wrote on her blog, asking people to cherish every minute they spend with their children, hug then, and enjoy them. Evie touched so many people during her life, and her memory will never be forgotten by her family and friends; I know that Evie- her life and her memory- has made me appreciate Lily even more this past week. When Lily grabbed my hand to pull me down to read her a story, I didn't check one more email or fold one more towel. Instead, I just sat with her, focused on her, appreciated her, all in honor of Evie. It is heartbreaking and tragic, and nothing will ever replace their loss. But, maybe people thinking about Evie and their family will bring a tiny amount of comfort. I have not even been able to let my heart think about Evie's twin sister, Ramsey, and how much she is suffering right now. She probably needs our prayers most of all.
It is clear to anyone who knows Alicia and Jonathan how much they loved and adored Evie. She was a dream come true to them, and her life was one filled with love, happy memories, and peace.
Here is a link to their blog if you want to leave a message or see pictures of Evie. http://threedoodles.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole, this was so hard to read. Thanks for sharing. They are most definitely in our prayers right now. I cannot even imagine what they all must be going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. I am so so heartbroken for your friends and their daughter. All three of them will be in our thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing you can do is pray for the parents and the their daughter. We should always remember to treasure each day of our life as hard as that is sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramsey. Maybe it is better to have 20 months with your twin than no twin at all? A part of Evie is Ramsey so that will make her ok. She will be ok. She has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this has made me cry, hug Jackman, and cry some more. I'm glad from reading her blog that they have such a wonderful group of friends and family to help them through this. It's just not right that this sort of thing happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sad for this family and actually had visited their blog, linked at Kelly's Korner (Kelly Stamps). Their loss is unimaginable and for those of you who know this family...words escape me, really. As a twin and the mother of a daughter the same age, I am sure you can almost (because who can ever fully know another's heart) imagine what they are enduring and will continue to endure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...