Thursday, December 12, 2013

Festivities.




The obligatory free Santa picture at Bass Pro Shops. 

Oh, are you wondering if every single employee around us, as well as all of the people waiting in line, were obsessed with the Pieces as she grinned and waved to everyone while on Santa's lap? Yes. The answer is yes. 
The girl LOVES an audience. 


Circle Elf underwent a sex change this year and became a girl at Lily's request. 
"Mom, I think maybe he was always a girl?"
Circle Elf really got his/her life together and made a scavenger hunt around the house leading to a Gingerbread house kit! Circle may have walked around for the rest of the day, feeling like Mom of the freaking year for being so on top of things. 
Also, Daddy got to help assemble, because Reese caught some stomach bug and repeated a fun cycle of puke/bath/puke/bath for 48 hours. 


Lily made me a scavenger hunt afterwards. Heehe.


Most things we do are 20-30 minutes away from us, but there was a Nutcracker Tea Party at the community college, and it was 4 minutes away. I signed up immediately. It was absolutely precious. 


I am clearly passing on my sophistication, maturity, and awareness of how to behave properly at a fancy function. 


We Face-Timed on Mom's birthday when it was time to sing! How amazing is Face Time?!?!
How amazing is my Mom?!?! (Very to both).



We made a huge mess that took an hour to clean up Christmas cookies. *

*I am determined to actually DO things on my Pinterest boards, so I made a calendar of a fun Christmas activity to do every day. I even made sure we had all of the supplies we would need for each craft/recipe/activity. So far (it is the middle of the month), we have successfully accomplished...2. Cookies and watching a Christmas movie. Next year, my entire calendar will be: "watch a Christmas movie." (So, I was telling this to my friend, Alyson, and she said:  "My calendar will be the ABC Family Christmas Movie line up." Love.My.Friends.).



Circle wrote on the bathroom mirror with dry erase marker. 
In a moment of inspiration, I  also made a calendar of what do do with the Elf every day! So, instead of scrambling around at 11pm to think of what to do with him/her, I am scrambling around at 11 pm trying to remember where I put the stupid calendar.
#bahhumbug


MeeMaw spent probably hours buying little gifts and wrapping/numbering each one; there is one for each girl for each day leading up to Christmas. It is literally the first thing Lily does when she wakes up- runs to their bags to get out their daily goodie. It is a really fun idea!



We have had fun with friends!


So, this was in November, but I didn't post it then...


Also November. Like, November 1st. It's never too early to spread Christmas cheer. 

Leftover pics from Thanksgiving. 


These little candy trains were adorable.


Please disregard the blatant disorganization of this post. 

Circle, asleep in the Kleenex box.
The thing is, though...Lily actually prefers when Circle Elf is just sitting ON A SHELF (imagine that- the ELF ON a SHELF) in her room. She doesn't have a Pinterest account yet, so she doesn't know that the elf is supposed to do fun things every day. 


My friend, Anna, gave us this calendar that her mom made, and it is ADORABLE. Lily loves, loves changing it every day. The attention to detail on every little ornament is impressive. I love this new tradition we have now!


Circle made donuts out of Cheerios. 

It made up for the rest of the morning, when I basically yelled the following things to Lily:

1. STOP SINGING!!! GET DRESSED AND PLEASE STOP SINGING.
2. LEAVE REESE ALONE!!!!!
3. LILY, WHY ARE YOU STILL WEARING PAJAMAS??!
4. LILY, STOP GROWLING AT ME. 
5. NO, YOU CANNOT WEAR PURPLE EYESHADOW TO SCHOOL.
6. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE, PUT REESE DOWN AND QUIT DANCING.

Oh, Christmastime. 



4 comments:

  1. "jacob, put the football down and get dressed."
    "jacob, put the football down and go get ready for bed."
    "jacob, put the fottball down and EAT."
    "jacob, put the football down and do your homework."
    "jacob, put the football down and get in bed."
    "JACOB! I am about to throw that football away!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GENDER CHANGED ELF?!?!? HAHAHA, that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! I think we might get a new elf next year. I hate that I can't position it w/o a ton of tape. I'm almost wanting to shove wires everywhere in him!!! And how nice Lily likes him just on a shelf..... that was my INTENT........but when kids come home from school and say what their friends' elves are doing I just can't be shelf-y EVERY day for their social life IS AT STAKE!!! ;) I'll be honest, I like pulling things on the kids and then not get blamed for them.
    Wish I had a kleenex box though, because they would like that..........
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was cracking up the first time I read this, but I can't remember all of my comments.

    For now, I remember about transgender Circle Elf, Lily bowing in the Christmas dress, facetime, the yelling at LIly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Circle Elf had a sex change - keeps it interesting :) And I feel like you guys were spying on me b/c I'm pretty sure I was yelling those same things at Jack except it was, "Jack stop kicking your sister!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...